Sunday, October 5, 2008

They're Tougher in Alaska:Fairbanks Turns Out for Obama







Anyone who doubts that they are tougher in Alaska should look at these pics of the Fairbanks for Obama Rally on Saturday. It was about 22 degrees, note the down jackets and the snow on the ground. Go Alaskans!
I got these from Orbitaldiamonds who siad she doesn't remember who all the speakers were, but here are some: The first was a veteran, the next two were naturalized Americans talking about the awesome privilege of voting, there was a guy playing guitar and singing, two guys from UAF talking about the "Barack the Vote" event coming up soon that's going to have lots of local bands. There were others, then I was the last speaker. I froze a bit, and wound up ad-libbing even though I agonized over that speech last night. It was mostly applause lines and I got lots of compliments afterward." You Go Girl!!!

1 comment:

OrbitalDiamonds said...

This is so awesome! I think your article was great, and I feel all special for having my pictures showcased here and my entry quoted! Rock on!